- Not bad
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
UltraVPN is fully compatible with:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
UltraVPN is also compatible with ▼▲
Versions of UltraVPN
|UltraVPN 2.0.9 27/07/11||Free||English||
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
Easily create virtual private networks
- Very easy to use
- Not many configuration options
- Makes browsing slightly slow
- Sometimes took a few tries to connect
"Ultra VPN was reviewed by BestVPNReviews - 2 stars only"
UltraVPN provides a free OpenVPN with the standard off the shelf Open source configuration. The protocol is enabled by the OS of your computer as UltraVPN does not provide any software of its own so it’s not user friendly. UltraVPN has a tiny network of servers (France and USA) with no server switching and one IP! The standard OpenVPN application does not protect against the dropping of your internet connection (and is therefore highly insecure) and is missing all the basic features. UltraVPN’s stated privacy sounds good but as a French company with French servers, appearances may prove deceptive. The recent enforcement of the French Law Hadopi has internet users deeply concerned as to how to comply with the law and not be spied on by the French government. The parent company of UltraVPN, Lynanda, is a French company that creates software to log and report Skype traffic for corporations and governments (dictatorships). Lynanda writes it provides “A universal software able to detect and filter Skype and P2P traffic”. The French Law is clearly at odds with UltraVPN and it’s odd that Lynanda would be in such a business unless they were already compliant with French Law. There is something amiss here and we think that Lynanda is providing this free service for a price. The price may be that your data goes to the French government (who share everything with the Americans or vice versa as they only have a server in the USA). I would stay away from this one.
- Not a one
- • Does not protect your originating IP if the internet connection fails. All your applications will be switched to your local IP and you may not know it – an OpenVPN problem that is fixed by the better VPN services.
- • No real privacy with French servers and the enforcement of the new French laws
- • Parent company, Lynanda, makes software that is used to log and cache Skype for dictatorships worldwide.
- • No server switching, if you want multiple countries, you have to buy multiple plans.
- • Software standard OpenVPN with NO features and user un-friendly & inconvenient
- • No automation on start up
- • No automatic choice of fastest server (lowest latency)
- • Dynamic IPs and Static IPs not available
- • No support
- • Does not support IPv6
- 15 Oct 2010
We have 25 licenses for Steganos Online Shield 365 worth $70 to giveaway thanks to the developer... See more
If you're constantly moving between networks or changing PC's, you'll know what a pain it is to keep... See more